Depending on how you choose to structure your involvement, joining Lake Area Chamber of Commerce can be a valuable investment of both your time and your money. Keep reading to learn how you can maximize the benefits of a Lake Area Chamber membership.
What A Chamber Membership Offers You
At its most basic level, a Chamber membership offers you two primary advantages:
- Increased visibility
- Enhanced credibility
The amount of visibility and credibility you can get from a Chamber membership will depend on how you choose to handle your involvement. The more ways you participate, the more visibility you’ll get and the greater credibility you’ll earn. Below are some of the different ways you can maximize your Chamber membership.
How To Get The Most Out Of Your Chamber Membership
- Have A Ribbon Cutting. Ribbon cuttings are available to all new Chamber members, as well as existing members who have a new location or are celebrating a milestone in their business. Ribbon cuttings are powerful ways to get more foot traffic at your location and increase your visibility.
- Display Marketing Materials In Willmore Lodge. All members are to encouraged to display marketing materials in the Willmore Lodge Visitor Center. Willmore Lodge welcomed over 11,000 visitors in 2016, and over 90% of them left with a brochure, map, or other information.
- Sponsor Events. Lake Area Chamber of Commerce promotes community involvement and attracts visitors to the Lake Area by hosting four major events throughout the year: Cocktails & Caddies Golf Tournament, Magic Dragon Street Meet Nationals, Midwest Wine & Brew Festival, and the Home, Lifestyle, & Sport Show. By sponsoring these events, you can get your business name in front of the thousands of participants that attend these events.
- Volunteer For Events. Volunteering is a powerful way to build credibility for your business, as it requires a personal investment of time and energy solely for the benefit of others. Since they recognize and respect the investment volunteers make, most consumers are significantly more likely to support businesses that they know support the local community.
- Get Involved. Volunteering isn’t the only opportunity to increase your company’s visibility through involvement. The Chamber hosts several other opportunities for you and your employees to get in front of potential customers, such as our Eggs & Issues Breakfast Forums, Speed Leads Networking Luncheons, and Monthly Networking Socials. Remember, the more easily accessible you are to the community, the more credible you’ll be.
- Advertise Online. Since many consumers make purchase decisions based on the business information they find online, improving your online visibility can be a powerful way to grow your business. We encourage members to advertise via the Chamber by purchasing a link to their own website from the Chamber’s site (which can benefit your site’s search engine optimization). Members can also advertise via the Chamber’s e-blasts, vacation mailing program, Fort Leonard Wood program, and event sponsorships.
Let Us Help You GROW Your Business!
Lake Area Chamber of Commerce makes it our mission to improve the economic community in the Lake Area as a whole, but we focus our primary efforts on supporting our member businesses and professionals. If you would like to learn more about how a membership with Lake Area Chamber can benefit you, don’t hesitate to call our team at 573-964-1008. We look forward to helping support your business at the beautiful Lake of the Ozarks!
Contact Your Lake Area Chamber Of Commerce!